When you cater for thousands of people each year, you see the environmental impact of large-scale events up-close and personal! That's why we adhere to sustainable catering and business practices whenever possible. For starters, our headquarters is 100% wind-powered through the Blue Sky Program, which means all the electricity we use is offset by wind-power energy we purchase.
The "Meet Green" Initiatives of
Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
We have experience, sources, staff, training, and environmental commitment to fulfill the "Meet Green" Initiatives adopted by Meeting Professionals International. These initiatives outline MPI's requirements for producing environmentally responsible events.
- 1 Use china and glassware if possible, or use sustainable, biodegradable disposables
- 2 Dispense water from jugs or pitchers instead of individual plastic bottles
- 3 Provide recycle bins on-site for plastic and aluminum
- 4 Contain food scraps and biodegradable materials for composting
- 5 Use cloth napkins or paper napkins made with post-consumer recycled paper
- 6 Use bulk condiments (sugar, cream, mayonnaise, etc.), not individual packets
- 7 Use local and organic foods whenever possible
- 8 Use sustainable foods (i.e. stay away from endangered fish choices)
- 9 Include vegetarian options
- 10 Donate leftover food to homeless shelters
- 11 Use fair-trade tea, coffee, cocoa, sugar, and chocolate