- Pizzeria 712 - 320 State St #185, Orem, UT - This has been a Crafts family favorite since it opened. 712's approach shares many of our own philosophies and values regarding food - simple yet creative, ingredient driven, and house-made. Always delicious!
- Asahi - 1470 N State St, Orem, UT - Great sushi at a great price. Conveniently located. We go here a lot!
- Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar - 1616 W Traverse Parkway, Lehi, UT - Not only is the sushi fabulous, there are lots of delicious options to satisfy even the sushi averse, including an impressive sake list.
- Oteo - 139 S State St, Lindon, UT - Tacos, sopes, and empanadas after our own hearts! Innovative and trendy, yet still simple and without fuss. Don't miss the avocado tacos.
- Black Sheep Cafe - 19 N University Ave, Provo, UT - Southwestern Native American cooking with full bar selections. Upscale and full service, but still casual. Ryan recommends the hog jowl tacos!
- Cravings Bistro - 25 W Center St, Pleasant Grove, UT - A modern take on classic comfort dishes (grilled cheese and soup). It's impossible to pick the wrong sandwich, but if you're undecided opt for the ABC (apples, bacon, and cheddar). And it's just a few blocks away from our own office!
- The Foundry Grill - 8841 N Alpine Loop Rd, Sundance, UT - Ryan spends a lot of time skiing the slopes at Sundance, and drops in here often for an elegant dinner of modern American cuisine. The Tree Room, and Owl Bar are excellent too!
- Peace On Earth - 35 N 300 W #200, Provo, UT - Let's be honest, it's not easy to find a great cup of Joe of Utah County. We're so happy to see more places like this coming to town. Great sandwiches and beautiful digs as well!
- Taqueria 27 - 1688 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT - Great food at great prices. Fun for groups. Also featuring an array of specials updated daily.
- 180 Tacos - 3368 N University Ave, Provo, UT - Too many taco places you say? There's no such thing! Great to dine in or take. The daily specials are always fun!
- Bam Bams BBQ - 1708 State St, Orem, UT - Delicious Texas-style BBQ. And just like in Texas, the best thing is the brisket!
- Yamato - 1074 State St, Orem, UT - As much as we like to see new comers in our local restaurant scene, we're also ecstatic that places like Yamato stand the test of time. Excellent sushi as well as other classic Japanese dishes.
- CHOM Burger - 45 300 N, Provo, UT - Just because you've ditched fast food for good, doesn't mean you can't find a tasty burger out there. We love CHOM. And the milkshakes are killer too (especially the rotating seasonal selection)!
- Sidecar Cafe - 1715 W 500 S, Springville, UT - In addition to the great breakfast and lunch menus, you can check out the Legend's Motorcycle Museum while you're there.
- Straptank - 1750 West 596 South, Springville, UT - Across the parking lot from Sidecar, this brewery (yep, you read that right) features pub grub to satisfy all comers.
March 29, 2019
The Top 15 places to eat lunch in Utah County
August 4, 2017
Step-by-Step with Mary Crafts: Mom’s Perfect Pie Crust
August 1, 2017
Mom’s Prize-Winning Pie!
March 16, 2017
🍪 Double the Fun! 🍪
Cookies served with a milk "shooter" — what could be better?!
Two is better than one!What’s better than one chocolate chip cookie recipe? Two chocolate chip cookie recipes! Our original recipe (the first recipe below) makes a devastatingly delicious chocolate chip cookie that is at it’s best if you eat it warm right out of the oven or within about 4 hours of baking. It has been our go to recipe for decades because we make our desserts fresh the day of our events. But we’ve had requests and occasionally need to make a cookie that will keep longer. That’s when we came up with the second recipe. You can freeze the dough and put the frozen cookies right on the cookie sheet and bake them. AND these cookies even freeze well once they’ve been baked! Simply seal them in an airtight container. Note - this freezer friendly recipe is really loaded with chocolate chips - the chocolate lovers in your family will love them!!
Enjoy! Mary Mary Crafts-Homer
and our next episode will be launching in APRIL
MARCH RECIPE OF THE MONTH
December 9, 2016
Friday Instagram of the Week!
July 1, 2016
Friday Instagram of the Week!
April 15, 2016
The Art of Styling Desserts with Mary Crafts-Homer!
April 6, 2016
How To Make Orange Garnishes With Chef Ortega
May 26, 2011
Spotlight on: Mary’s Wedding – A Love Story
Okay, okay, I know this feature is one day late. BUT, I think this post was well worth the wait! Today, Mary was kind enough to share a little bit of her love story with us! I LOVE IT!
"I have always believed in fairy tales... and Santa... and the Easter Bunny! I like movies with happy endings and I believed, in the end, good always triumphs. However, there were many times in my life when it seemed like my dreams were just dreams and hope was all that kept me going. But if hope is all you have... it's enough. At age 57, it is glorious to be in a relationship that is full of joy, wonder, and contentment. At age 57, it is also glorious to be a blushing bride and be told every day, 'Mary, you look radiant! You must be in love and you must be truly loved.'Here are a few answers to some of my most frequently asked questions: How did you meet Rick? Believe it or not, I'm one of those internet brides! We met on LDSsingles.com. I am a believer that the internet can introduce couples who would have never had an opportunity to cross each other's paths. I dated for a year on the singles sites before meeting Rick, and it certainly made me sure of the right man when I found him!!! Are you catering your own wedding? Absolutely! I have the most professional, dedicated, and detailed team of any catering company in the country. All I had to do was share the vision with them and they are doing the rest. All of those details will be coming in the next few weeks as we share the menus and design for all three days of celebration. Oh, I'm all goosebumps! How did you know you were ready to make this step? They say you should know someone in every season before marrying them. I didn't do that the first time, so I decided to take this advise the second time. I met Rick on July 4, 2010. I played with him all summer, shared long talks with him all fall, skied with him all winter, and said, 'Yes!' to him in the spring. We will be married on July 1, 2011; one year after meeting that fateful day. To be honest, from the first night when we spent 7 hours 'just talking', I knew Rick and I had been connected long before this life. He is my soul mate, my love, my best friend. We may not be perfect....but we are perfect for each other. Until next time... Hugs from Mary"
What a beautiful story! And thank you again to Mary to sharing this glimpse into her love story. Remember to check back next week (yes, I promise on Wednesday this time) for more behind the scenes details of Mary's wedding!!!
Also, check out our website at www.culinarycrafts.com!
May 29, 2010