We at Culinary Crafts love all types of events, from weddings to corporate events and everything in between. But we will always have a special place in our hearts for Birthday Parties!!! Today, I'd like to give our top 5 tips to take any birthday party you are planning over the top! Check it out!
1. Know Your Crowd. For any birthday party, it is always a good idea to know your crowd. If you are just going to be having a party for a 16 year old and all the guests are about that age as well, you can easily gear the party and entertainment for the teenager set. If you are having a birthday party for a 50 year old, however, and families and friends are invited, it becomes a bit more tricky. You'll want some of the food and entertainment to gear towards the adults, but also, to make sure the kids aren't bored by the 'grown-up' fun, provide kid friendly activities and food selections too! Everyone will leave totally happy and talking about the party of the year!
2. Details make the party. If you've read this blog for any period of time, you know I'm a sucker for details. I love, love, love the way details can make a party go from regular to EXTRAORDINARY! Birthday parties are an excellent time to have fun with details and themes. A whimsical cake, an over the top theme, a candy table to die for - all excellent details to consider. And since its a birthday party, you can really go all out and have fun with it.
3. Use the venue to your advantage. As with any event, make sure you take the venue into consideration. Good use of space can make sure that your guests have plenty to see, plenty to do, and tons of yummy food to eat!
4. Provide entertainment. Whether you want to make your party a carnival theme or a laid-back, elegant, "hoe-down", you should make sure to entertain your guests. I'm not saying everyone needs to hire the Oakridge Boys (like the birthday party above) but having something to entertain your guests will make it the party they won't soon forget!
5. Make it all about the Birthday Girl or Boy. At the end of the day, it's YOUR birthday and your birthday party. Make sure you choose to do things you like and serve food that you love. You can still make sure that all your guests have a blast and also make sure that you have the party you want!
Happy planning everyone!
Check out our website at www.culinarycrafts.com!
Photo credits: ZumaPhoto and Keith Westerberg