Celebrate Valentine's day this year with these ooey-gooey salted caramel lava cakes. They are sure to make the perfect end to any meal.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 teaspoons water
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked Maldon salt
- 9x13 inch pan
- Candy thermometer
- Grease pan on all sides and bottom. Add a piece of parchment to the bottom and grease as well
- Calibrate your candy thermometer
- Into large stock pot Add water, corn syrup, and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Clip on candy thermometer and bring sugar mixture to 320 degrees F. The sugar will be slightly amber colored.
- Chop butter into small cubes.
- Once at 320 slowly add butter and cream (the pot will boil violently) add tsp of kosher salt.
- Once all incorporated bring caramel to 240 degrees F
- Pour caramel into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle maldon salt over the caramel
- Cool caramel overnight.
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 ¼ sticks of butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup powder sugar
- ½ cup flour
- Mixing bowl
- 6 4 oz Ramekins
- In small sauce pan over medium heat, Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Grease ramekins and set aside.
- In medium bowl, Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla until foamy
- Sift powdered sugar to the egg mixture and whisk until completely incorporated
- Sift flour into mixture and whisk until completely incorporated
- Add slightly cooled chocolate to mixture and whisk until completely incorporated
- Put ¼ cup into the ramekins, insert a caramel directly in the center and cover the tops with the remaining batter
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- Lava cakes should be set on the outside but still jiggly on top.
- Remove from the oven. And serve immediately.
- Serve with whipped cream or your favorite ice cream. You can even add our favorite caramel sauce, check out the recipe here https://www.culinarycrafts.com/make-soft-caramel/