Tonya Hoopes from Hoopes Events On any given day you will find Tonya looking through Wedding or Fashion Magazines from places such as Paris, New York, and Milan. Tonya has a passion for traveling the world, fine chocolate, amazing food, shoes, and handbags as well as planning and creating beautiful weddings and events that allow her clients to enjoy their event while she makes sure every detail is taken care of. Tonya has planned and executed well over 500 weddings and 100 corporate events for parties as small as 12 and as large as 2500.
Share your whole vision.It is important to communicate your vision to your caterer. The colors, theme, flow, and ambiance you are trying to create. Your caterer can help enhance your design. From customizing your menu to the platters they bring and rentals for your tables. It can cause dissonance in the ambiance you are creating if any of your vendors are left out of your vision.
Ask questions about the service and presentation.There are no wrong questions to ask your vendors. As your caterers are responsible for the bulk of your servers at your wedding here are some great questions to ask.
- How does service go, what are the steps throughout the evening?
- How do you manage your servers?
- What is the price of servers, and how many do you bring for each style of service?
- How does your staff dress? Do you have presentation/grooming standards?
- How will clean up go? What are you responsible for and how late do you stay? It is important to know if the caterer does or does not clean all the dishes and stemware from the tables throughout the event.