- 6 trout fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (Redmond's REAL Salt is a CC favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- scant 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)*
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture over your trout fillets and rub on all sides until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours prior to grilling.
- Grill your fish over medium high heat to your desired doneness. Garnish as desired.**
- Enjoy immediately!
*Liquid smoke can be added to the wet rub mixture if you won't be grilling your fish, but still want that note of smoke flavor. Be careful adding this - a little goes a long way.
**Depending on your side dishes and personal tastes, your grilled fish can be perfect just as it comes off the grill. But you may wish to add a sauce or accoutrement as a finishing touch. Strawberry or peach salsas are both wonderful options, stewed and spiced tomatoes are fantastic, and this green apple chutney is our crowd favorite.
If you're new to grilling or otherwise intimiated by cooking with a live fire, check our Ryan's grilling 101 post with lots of helpful info, tips, and tricks .