Asparagus & Prosciuttoserves 6
- 36 asparagus spears (about 2 bundles), trimmed
- 1/2 lb puff pastry (available in frozen sheets at your local grocer, but check out our instructions on how to make your own here.
- 6 (or 12 if like most of our chefs, you prefer a little extra pork!) slices of prosciutto - for our friends here in Utah, may we suggest Creminelli Fine Meats
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease baking sheet, line with parchment paper, set aside.
- Divide puff pastry dough into 2 even pieces. Roll each piece into a rectangle approximately 15" long x 4" wide x 1/8" thick. Cut each rectangle into 3 even pieces.
- Toss asparagus in olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, place 1-2 slices of prosciutto over each piece of pastry. Top with 6 spears of asparagus. Roll each piece tightly with the pastry facing out. Evenly space the bundles on your prepared sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, cream, and a dash of salt until smooth and creamy. Using a brush, apply the egg wash to the surface of the pastry dough.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes until puff pastry is golden brown.
- While bundles are baking, mix together yogurt, mint, lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce on the side. Enjoy!