Cornbread Ingredientsmakes 16 pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 oz creamed corn
- Place cold cast iron skillet in cold oven and set to heat oven to 400 F.*
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Sift flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and soda in a separate bowl.
- After oven has reached 400, add 2 tbs oil to the hot cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently fold together just until incorporated.
- Remove the hot skillet with oil from the oven. Pour in the batter (the edges should begin to fry in the oil). Return skillet to oven and reduce heat to 375.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 20-30 minutes until lightly golden on top and a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Serve warm with honey butter!
Utah Honey Butter Ingredients
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Slide Ridge honey
- 1/2 tsp Redmond kosher salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- In your mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment whip butter for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- add honey, salt, and cinnamon, mix until combined