- ~8 cups of popped popcorn
- 3-5 strips of cooked bacon diced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 F (optional see note below).*
- In a large bowl combine popcorn and bacon. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add sugar, corn syrup and salt. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and continue to boil for 5 minutes stirring regularly to avoid any scorching on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat. Stir add vanilla and baking soda. Caramel will be foamy - this is normal.
- Pour caramel over popcorn and bacon. Stir together until completely and evenly coated.
- Spread popcorn onto greased baking sheet pans. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.*
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Break up any large chunks and enjoy!
Make sure to follow us for more Salt Lake City, Park City, and Utah County catering on our social media!