July 21, 2016
Gotta Try Our Panna Cotta
Summer is in full swing and temperatures are high! Here’s a cool and refreshing, easy to make dessert that is perfect for serving at barbecues and summer soirees. It chills for a few hours before serving, which makes it super easy to serve whenever the time is right.
This would be a great dessert to serve at your Pioneer Day celebration next week!
I featured the panna cotta (along with several other patriotic themed desserts) when I was a guest on KSL’s “Studio 5” earlier this month. Check out the video here!
JULY RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Buttermilk Panna Cotta
1/4 cup Water
1 TB. Gelatin
2 cups Cream
2 tsp. Lemon Zest
1 cup Sugar
4 cups Buttermilk
2 tsp. Vanilla
1) Bloom gelatin in ice cold water for 10 minutes
2) Heat cream, zest and sugar to low boil.
3) Add gelatin off of heat. Stir until dissolved.
4) Cool mixture to lukewarm stirring often.
5) Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
6) Pour into ramekins or glasses, (or use push-pop mold as shown at left) and chill at least 4 hours.