by Kate Morrow
Wedding and Event Specialist
Growing up, I always loved the treats Grandma LaDawn made. Whenever my extended family got together, my grandma would always bring a tasty treat. It’s hard to choose a favorite of her desserts, but the one that brings back the most memories is her pink popcorn.
This recipe is really simple. It’s basically sugary popcorn dyed pink! Grandma would also change up the color of the popcorn for special occasions and holidays. For St. Patrick’s Day she would dye it green, and if it was your birthday you got to choose whatever color you wanted the popcorn! This recipe is such a simple treat that is perfect for any holiday or celebration.
- large bowl of popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- a few drops of food coloring
- Pop the popcorn using an air popper or the stove.
- Pour out onto a flour sack towel and allow unpopped kernels to fall to the bottom. Scoop popcorn (minus unpopped kernels) back into large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is coated.
- Spread out the popcorn on wax paper and allow to cool. Enjoy!