July 13, 2016
How To Make Southern Pecan Caramel Squares
These pecan caramel squares are the most delicious treats and are perfect for any occasion. The shortbread combined with caramel goodness and pecans ... oh my gosh your tastebuds will thank us!
These bars are no doubt going to impress your guests at your next party. They're super was to make too. Without further adu, here is the recipe for the Southern Pecan Caramel Squares.
- 1 lb. 4 oz. flour
- 1 lb. butter
- 8 oz. powdered sugar
- 1 lb. 12 oz. walnuts
- 1 lb. 12 oz. pecans
- 10 oz. butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cream
- 8 oz. brown sugar
AMAZING photos by Kristina Curtis Photography
Check out more Salt Lake City, Park City, and Utah County catering at www.culinarycrafts.com!
- For the crust: Combine all ingredients until fully incorporated. Press into a greased 10"x15" sheet pan. Bake at 350 degrees 8-10 minutes until slightly golden and barely set. Allow to cool to room temperature. (You do not want the crust to be baked all the way. It should be soft and slightly doughy.)
- Combine butter, honey, cream and brown sugar in a pot and bring to a boil.
- While mixture is coming to a boil, sprinkle the nuts over the cooled crust. Sprinkle evenly over the whole pan.
- Pour caramel evenly over nuts and crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes until the center starts to bubble.
- Cool at room temperature. Cut into desired shape and size. Enjoy your pecan caramel squares!